Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Queen of Salsa

Okay, okay, okay Ben may be the King of Salsa.... but I am the Queen!! I just made the best salsa!! I got the recipe from Rachael Ray here it is. (You'll never eat store bought salsa again!)

Fresh Tomato Salsa:
3 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
1/2 to 1 jalapeno, stemmed and minced with seeds (I do w/out seeds)
1/2 medium red onion, grated (I do finely chopped)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 clove garlic, peeled
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, leaves and stems

Toss the tomatoes with the jalapeno, onion, and the 1/2 teaspoon salt. Smash the garlic clove, sprinkle with the remaining salt, and with the flat side of a large knife, mash and smear the mixture to a coarse paste. Stir the paste into the salsa with the olive oil and 1/4 cup of cilantro.

And if you are feeling really sassy...
Season a couple chicken breasts with chili powder and salt and fry in a pan with EVOO and when finished top with your salsa! Oh so good!!

I have found a new specialty of mine. I love to cook!! I'll post more good recipes when I find them. I can't wait to hear what you think!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well I suppose there is room for both a queen and a king, so you go ahead and take that title and wear it proud, but I'm telling Ben:) hehehehehehehehehee

(don't tell Ben but I'm gonna try this recipe:))