Thursday, September 28, 2006

Celebrating Fall

This past Saturday we spent it celebrating all the great things about fall with our friends, Ben and Katie. We had perfect weather! Jesse and Ben went golfing at the King City Golf Course. Katie and I did a little painting on my window and then went to Als Garden Center!! Before we went to Als we made a pit stop at Starbucks for some coffee.... but it was too hot for a "hot" coffee so we got frappuccino instead. Yum!

As we pulled in the parking lot to Als we drove by the front window and Katie gave out a loud gasp!! (I thought I was about to run someone over!) They had Christmas stuff out!!!!! And it was a happy gasp for her! She loves Christmas time!! They had so much Christmas stuff... they had lots of trees in all different colors all decorated!! So cute!! After drooling all over the Christmas stuff we had to remember why we came here... we headed outside to the fall things! We loaded up our cart with 2 oat bales, 2 bundles of corn stalks, 2 pumpkins, a mum, a purple grass thing, and some other really cool plant! Our cart was heaping!! Then, we had to push our cart around with these big 'ol corn stalks sticking out!! It was a bit of a challenge and people stared and smiled at us. Probably because we were practically skipping around the building we were so excited and proud of our gigantic cart full of fall goodies!!
We loaded up the truck with our stuff and just giggled because we felt like farm girls loading our bales of oat and corn stalks!!
We went back to my apartment first and decorated my front door with an oat bale, corn stalks, a pumpkin, and the purple grass thing. So cute!! We left a trail of oats from the truck, down the side walk, up the stairs, and to our door!!!! The other night I was getting in the truck and I looked over and our neighbor's parking spot is full of oats.... wonder where they came from?
We grabbed our chicken noodle soup that I made for supper and went to Katie's!! We decorated her door - so cute!!
Made some pumpkin cheese bread!! Amazing!! We ate the best batch of chicken noodle soup I have ever made!! Oh, and Ben made some homemade salsa - yum!! So good! I think we all gained 5 pounds!!

Katie and I painted the cutest picture on her window while the guys did guy things!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can come paint my windows anytime.

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the only batch of Chicken Noodle Soup you have made??

Anonymous said...

Oh Lynn, I just relived our wonderful weekend all over again. What a great blog. I think I really did gain 5lb. by the way:)
I'm gonna miss our festive get togethers.

Lynn said...

Ms Shannon this is the second time I made this soup!!! How many times have you made it?!!? Little punk!!

Yes, I will paint on your windows anytime!!