Wednesday, August 16, 2006

To my country fans!!!

I don't want to forget this experience so I thought I should put it in here! Last Tuesday (Aug 8th) I went to a Tim McGraw and Faith Hill concert with my friend Natalie! We bought our tickets the very first hour they were available! Natalie left work to go home and buy us tickets... we wanted good seats! We waited patiently from February to August!!

The day of the concert finally came... we left work early because we wanted to get there as early as possible. We didn't know what we were going to do but we didn't want to miss a thing! A radio station we listen to out here (99.5 The Wolf) was going to be there and they were having a pre-party!! We got to the Rose Garden around 5... concert doesn't start until 7:30! We found The Wolf's pre-party and they were having a drawing for backstage passes!! We immediately signed up!!

They start drawing names for the passes and some people weren't even there and then some people just weren't getting excited... they just won backstage passes and no screams or Whoohoos!!!? Natalie and I are joking and saying if they draw our name we will be screaming! All of a sudden we hear NATALIE ROBBINS!! I screamed, jumped, threw my hands in the air all before Natalie even realized they just called her name!! We were so excited and so shocked!! We couldn't believe what just happened to us!!



Natalie gets the passes and we are told to go to the box office and they will help us. We take off running... we don't know where the box office is so we are practically running in circles and I am so giddy right about now that I am still giving out little screams here and there!! Once we get to the box office we try to take pictures of our passes but we are shaking so bad that the picture comes out blurry. A lady seen us struggling so she took our picture for us with our tickets!! We are seriously the only ones way too excited about this!! We are still shaking and still can't believe we just won backstage passes!!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We are finally taken to the "backstage" area, which is a room that has a bar, a few tall round tables with black table clothes with buckets that have ice and bottled water in them, and a small stage with microphones and chairs on it! Natalie and I belly up to the stage as close as we can! (30-40 people were backstage with us.) They kept us waiting for a what seemed like forever! Our excitement level is almost maxed out!!

A couple of the band members and back-up singers come out. They introduce themselves and sing a few songs. (Drum Roll Please.......) Then, Tim McGraw comes out! Everyone starts screaming! I look over to the other side of the stage and Faith Hill came with him but I didn't even notice!! (We were closer to Tim's [I am now on a first name basis] side of the stage.)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tim sings a song (which we can't remember what it was.) and then we were able to ask a few questions... While the questions we were being asked we busy trying to get a picture of us with Tim in the background!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then Faith sang a song and they were gone! It was short and sweet but totally worth it!! And it was so much fun!! We decided that waiting for them and getting so excited was the best part!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We even had good seats for the concert! The concert was super great!! They are both great singers and performers!! We had kind of a fuddy-duddy section where everyone wanted to sit but not Natalie and I, we stood for most of it and danced along! We wanted to go up on stage and dance with Faith so bad!! She was so cute and looked like she was having so much fun!!

After the concert we were still giddy and we weren't sure if we were going to be able to sleep! We both woke up still full of energy that we had to e-mail each other to see if the other was still as excited as we were last night!! It was so much!!

(And for the non-city folk out there... it took us a little over an hour to get home from the concert and we only had to go 13 miles!!!!)

No comments: