Monday, September 01, 2014

Bay Beach / Anniversary

IMG_8554

Our anniversary was coming up and I was feeling a need for a family get away.  I had a few thoughts but when I thought about them a bit deeper it usually left me on the side lines with a baby.  Then I thought about Bay Beach in Green Bay.  Which is a super cheap kids amusement park!  Something I could participate in all the while having a baby!

IMG_8556

Standing in line for the carousel with the kids… Max says I want to ride the horse with the gun.  Huh?  I didn’t even notice a gun.  Sure enough some of the horses had guns painted on the side.  Mallory and I let Max pick the horse with the gun and we rode next to him.

I really wanted to go on the swings.  I had never been on them before.  Mallory wanted to go too.  She is a huge fan of swinging.  So she was all in.  Her and I are standing in line and I’m starting to think that maybe this is too much for her.  I asked her a few times if she really wanted to do it.  She said yes.  She wasn’t even nervous a bit.  Mallory is the 4th swing from the front and I’m right behind her.

IMG_8562

Holy cats!  The swings are kind of intense!  But she had a smile on her face the entire time!  I got extremely dizzy!  Apparently I can’t do spinny things like I use to. 

IMG_8566

Max almost too little yet.  There was stuff he could go on but it was almost too baby-ish for him.  He wanted to do some of the bigger stuff like Mallory got to. 

While Mallory & I were standing in line for the swings – Jesse took Max and Melanie to do a ride that Max would like.  It left Jesse in kind of a situation because he had a big double wide stroller also.  So he couldn’t really stand in line with Max.  So he talked Max into standing in line by himself for a ride.  He did it.  (Max can tend to have social anxiety in big crowds – so standing in a line of people by himself is HUGE.)  Then he got to his ride and walked up to the one he wanted and just stood there and stared at it.  Again Jesse was in a perdicament because does he leave Melanie in the stroller and go help him for a quick second?  Thankfully another parent seen him and asked him if he wanted help getting in.  Max froze.  He didn’t move.  He didn’t speak.  He just stood there.  He never rode.  He turned around and came back to Jesse.  Poor buddy. He did the really hard part of standing in line, but he just couldn’t get on that ride.

Melanie slept the entire time!  We got there about 12:30 and didn’t leave until 5… She slept.  Not a peep out of her.  Never even woke up to eat!

IMG_8567

Jesse and Mallory went on the bumper cars.  Max was too little and he was pretty upset over this! 

IMG_8569

He really wanted to go play the shooting/hunting arcade game so we did that for him.

IMG_8571

Oh and then Mallory and I had a craving for ice cream.  I attempted a family picture.  But Melanie was still sleeping… so we still don’t have a family picture of all 5 of us.

IMG_8573

Hit up a few more rides and we had enough.

IMG_8587

Most of the rides here were a quarter!!  We decided to spend $10 in tickets (each ticket is a quarter).  We were not thinking at all.  We came home with tons of tickets left over and we went on a lot of rides.

IMG_8588IMG_8590

We will have to go back again when Max is bigger… and Melanie.  Melanie doesn’t even know what fun she missed!!

No comments: