A few months ago Jesse bought a dirt bike from one of his Dad’s buddy’s. His kids had outgrown it and Jesse thought our kids were ready for one. But I didn’t.
We kept it hidden for about three months. Jesse had to order training wheels for it and he had to figure out how to slow it down.
He also wanted the kids to ask for one. And they were not asking for one. So he started showing them youtube videos of kids riding dirt bikes. Trying to get them to ask for one. I’m not sure if they ever asked for one or Jesse couldn’t take it anymore and had to give it to them. Jesse has been off from work for three weeks (since we had Melanie) so he had some free time to spend with the kids on teaching them about how to ride safely. So it really was a good time to give it to them.
There they are all proud of their new real dirt bike.
I asked them to show me their mean tough dirt bike faces. This is what I got.
Rule #1 – Must wear pants and socks and shoes. They flew into the house and changed into their correct clothing. Mallory says “I’m going to wear my sparkly blue pants to ride motorcycle.”
I only took video of Mallory riding the bike for the first time – so I don’t have any pictures of her.
I did get some pictures of Max riding though.
He looks so tiny on the bike but he did great.
Then we took it over to Jesse’s parents house to let him ride in a bigger space.
He rode the bike until it got dark! Then they hooked up a light for him and he rode it more! Then it was time to get off and he cried when he had to get off! He absolutely loved the bike!! He was getting braver and braver with it. He was getting so brave that he took it over to Grandpa Dave’s shop without telling anyone that he was going over there. Jesse was watching him though so Jesse was able to hop in the RZR and follow him (without Max knowing) to see where he was going and make sure he was safe. Max made it all the way to Grandpa’s shop and turned around and came all the way back!
Mallory rode it too and she enjoys it!
I was looking back at Baby Mallory to see if Melanie looked like her and I came across the pictures of Mallory in Jesse’s motocross helmet and by his dirt bike… here she is riding her own dirt bike! Came full circle! We said she would be riding dirt bikes – just a pink one in a tutu. Little did we know that she would totally be that girl! She loves all things little girl… but she will get on that dirt bike and ride it… in her sparkly blue pants!
Max woke up the next morning and I think the first sentence out of his mouth was “Daddy can we go ride the dirt bike?”
I didn’t think they were ready for one… boy was I wrong! They love it and were very much ready!
No comments:
Post a Comment