We completed our month of Pond Animals & Bugs and it went so well that I ordered the next month of materials which is all about birds & eggs.
This month has been really hard to keep up. We are way behind. I some how got busy… with I don’t know what. The good news is the kids love it!! They ask me to do either “school” or “circle time”. It is working for both of their ages right now. Some of the stuff is way (way way way way) too easy for Mallory and some of the stuff is way (way way way way) too hard for Max. So I take pieces and only let Max do them and then the other is for Mallory.
Max is very much boy. So learning for him is so not what he wants to do… unless it is learning about hunting and guns and bow and arrows. However, I have been able to trick him and he is learning his numbers and counting things and colors. But the little stinker will only do it when we have circle time. If we ask him color or shape or to count outside that environment he’ll goof around and won’t do it right.
I took pictures on the first day of our bird unit. Each unit they are given a name tag to fill out.
I’m a handwriting freak! Wouldn’t it be so fun to turn her handwriting into a font!! Then I would have it forever.
Max right now is refusing writing. Which he is probably still pretty little for it. But I wrote his name and I wanted him to trace it – but he wouldn’t. He wanted me to hold the marker with him and trace it.
They made hatching eggs this day.
Then they got to write with a white color and reveal what they wrote/drew with water colors using a sponge.
Mallory uses only one color.
Max uses all the colors in his paintings. Every time.
No comments:
Post a Comment