We are finally starting to see Spring here. Everyone is loving it. Especially this little girl, Mallory! : )
She loves to go for walks at night after supper. She calls it “walk on da road”. She stops every 5 steps and looks for rocks or needs to make a snow ball to throw at Maggie so Maggie eats it. Or she is looking for birds. The other night she was picking single pieces of grass blades and caring those around. Then one of the neighbors up the street taught her how to pick handfuls and shove them in her pockets! Except she was shoving handfuls down her jacket and not in her pockets! Thank you neighbor John! : )
She also loves to splash in the water and I didn’t have boots for her until this weekend. It was a must – she was ruining her new shoes I got her for the summer. She loves her water boots! She seriously wears them all the time – all day long – in the house even! When I tried them on her in the store – she wouldn’t let me take them off. She had to wear them immediately! Thank goodness my check out lady had a scissors and cut the tags off for me! When we got home with them she knew exactly what to do – she bee-lined it right for a puddle and started splashing.
The other day we went outside and I was doing some work in the garage just letting her explore outside. She was in the mud with sticks! Then all of sudden I hear “stuck!” I go to find her completely stuck in mud and she pulled so hard that her foot came out of the boot and she was now standing with her sock foot in the mud! I couldn’t get her boots out either! So I picked her up by the waist (upside down) grabbed her boots from the mud and then had to have Jesse help me get her boots back on because I was still holding her upside down. The neighbor saw the whole thing and came out laughing and said she wished she would have had a camera for that one. : ) Her boots then weighed 10 pounds a piece with all the mud on them. That didn’t stop her though!! She went back in there AGAIN! I told Jesse… do we have a little girl or a little boy? : )
After I was done working in the garage I went and grabbed my camera and took a couple pictures of her splashing and loving the new weather!
Playing in the rocks. The kid loves rocks! She brings them into the house. She puts them in her pockets. She tries to grab one every time we are outside and if I make her put them back she says “hold it” and tries to snuggle it as if it is her new best friend.
She piled rocks, “make a tower”, on the patio ledge.
See that patio behind Mallory in the above picture. We put that in so late last year that I didn’t even get a chance to really see it or enjoy it. Well… I really like it! However Jesse has different words for it. It is a nightmare for him. When the snow was melting and then it decided to rain – that entire patio was filled with water! It was literally a wadding pool! The water was even coming in the (house) garage and starting to make its way down the steps and into the basement! Thank goodness we had a sand bag to stop it from going into the basement! There has been talk of ripping this patio out and doing something different this summer.
Heading for the mud, yet again!
Stuck!
I redirected her to some puddles instead – this way she can’t get stuck.
Yes, I dress Mallory like a ragga-muffin when we are not going anywhere. Pink, Red and Green. : ) I just throw on what ever is convenient at the time. But look at how muddy she is – she has ruined more clothes – she is one girl who is rough on clothes and shoes.
I am not sure what this look is all about…
Happy Spring Everyone!! : )
2 comments:
Oh man I'm totally loving the last pic of Mallory and don't you worry about what she's wearing. One can't be wearing their Sunday best to go puddle jumping:)
Ummmmmm patio problems huh? Giesbrecht's should probably come over and set up some lawn chairs and have a campfire eh? That'll fix anything right?
You have a little tomboy on your hands! When my mom was here, she bought Nolan some boots and he LOVES them & wears them all over the house! :)
Post a Comment