Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Why we had kids

Yesterday I had to work on a big order and count out parts.  I couldn’t wait for Mallory to go down for a nap, or I would of missed my UPS driver.  I had to do the order with Mallory.

I thought… I’ll get a blanket and put it on the garage floor along with a few of her favorite toys and she will sit there and play with her toys.

What was I thinking?!?!  Apparently this is my first child!  ; )

She immediately pushed her toys out of the way and made a beeline to me and started throwing my parts around.  She was having a blast!  She was shaking them!  Chewing on them… shhh don’t tell Jesse that part!  And throwing them!

I thought…  What can I have her do?  I know!  She can put them in the box for me!  Sure enough!  I showed her one time and told her to put them in the box and she put all 200 parts in the box for me!!

Here she is hard at work…

IMG_8423

 IMG_8424 IMG_8425 IMG_8426 IMG_8427Every once in a while Maggie would distract her and she would miss the box.

IMG_8428And this is why we had kids… to help us run our business!  The sooner I teach her the sooner I can sit back and relax!  ; )

4 comments:

Abbie said...

I love the missing sock. She's so adorable... It makes me feel sort of crazy to have another one. Toddlers are so much fun (and so insane, at the same time).

Deb said...

That's why we had four of them! Wait till she helps you fold laundry.

Jody said...

I love the one sock on one sock off look. Nice fashion trend.

LisaS said...

Oh Lynn - You crack me up!!! I love how her tounge is out just a bit.. and she only has on one sock... I LOVE IT!!!

L