Thursday, May 13, 2010

!! SCORE !!

My friend, Molly, facebooked me about a month ago asking me if I wanted to go to “The Woodbury, MN Garage Sales”.  I have heard many things about these garages sales and I couldn’t pass it up.  I said yes! 

Saying yes also meant that I would be leaving my baby girl for 24+ hours!  We would be leaving the night before and staying in a hotel so we wouldn’t have to drive in the morning.

This was the first time that I was away from Mallory for longer then just a couple of hours.

We left Wednesday night and stayed in a hotel room.  The hotel we were at was…um… rugged.  It kind of gave us the creeps.  Molly and I went to check out the pool and there were just guys in the pool area.  They were just sitting there drinking beer in their street clothes.  (I’m guessing they were a construction crew.)  We looked at the hot tub and there is an older gentleman in there and it looks as if he has either been drinking with the guys or has been in the hot tub a few too many hours!  I lean down to touch the pool water and hot tub guy says to us “The hot tub is much better!”  We left and never came back.

IMG_8478 Molly, Holly and Me ready to hit the sales!

The garage sales were amazing!  So much fun!  So many!  I swear Molly told me there are over 800 garage sales going on at one time!  Molly did an awesome job of driving us around and getting us to so many!!  I can’t even begin to count – it was a lot!  Oh and it was raining!  I mean down pouring!!  I mean thundering!  Rain!  We were soaked!  But we were all on a mission to score big deals – rain wasn’t going to stop us!  We practically had to beg Molly to stop for lunch!!  : )

I took some pictures of the van a few hours in… we have so much room yet!  Our goal was to load the van full before we could come home.

IMG_8481 IMG_8482

Now we are talking!  Finally we got it full!  We can go home now. 

IMG_8483 IMG_8484 Mallory loves garage sales finds!  New toys!

IMG_8486Check out this swing set I scored!!  Yes, we totally had this in the van!

IMG_8488 When we walked up to this house with the sing set I walked right up to and hesitated.  I really liked it!  But, did we have room for it?  Was it a really good deal?  Then Molly comes and says, Lynn- get this!!!  Mallory will love it!  It is such a good deal!  If you don’t get it I’m getting it!  Molly convinced me there was room in the van and I got it!  Now I can’t wait for it to stop raining and get warm so Miss Mallory and I can go outside and play!  : )

Little Red Wagon!  My sister-in-law wanted me to keep a look out for a radio flyer red metal wagon with a little rust.  I found one just as I was about to walk out of a sale.  I had just bought the swing set and didn’t know if we had room for a wagon.  Once again the girls convinced me that there was enough room.

IMG_8489Steph… you are going to have to fight for this now.  Jesse has his eye on it and thinks we could use a wagon around here.

Mallory playing with more new toys.  She has found the fridge and I wanted to get her some magnetic letters.  Score!  Found them at a garage sale!

IMG_8494More finds!  I think I am hooked.  I will be making this an annual thing – I’ll be back again next year!

IMG_8499This lady bug umbrella and the old navy water boots were too cute!  All I could see were photo opportunities screaming at me when I spotted them!

IMG_8497

We ended our garage sailing adventure with a stop at Starbucks for a 50% off frappuccinos!  : )  We also decided that next year we need a trailer and it just so happens that I am married to someone with an enclosed trailer!!!  : )  Now I just need to learn to drive our truck with a trailer!  Hahaha! 

Oh and Mallory did awesome while I was gone!  Jesse also rocked with his special Mallory day!  I thought Mallory would be more excited to see me, but she just crawled over to me and then Maggie knocked her over and then she cried.  I was expecting her to start grunting and whining until she got in my arms and then giving me big snuggles… which is what she does when I’m only gone for an hour at the gym!  Silly baby!

7 comments:

Laura Fenske said...

A post after my own heart. How I love a good garage sale. Nice work, Lynn.

Katie said...

Man am I crazy with jealousy! What a great girls trip. Boy I love a good garage sale and you went to hundreds of them! Loved seeing all your scores and so glad your friends encouraged you to buy some of those things. It was Christmas in May for Miss Mallory! AND you even found a wagon for Shann.

Anonymous said...

OMG! Do you know how excited I was when I heard your message?!?! I tried calling you back, but didn't get an answer. Thank you so much for finding the wagon! It looks perfect...and I'm not fighting anyone for it!
You sure did make a haul. Love the umbrella and rain boots! And, I totally had the same thought as you about them!! Glad you had fun! Keep me in mind for next year when you go!
-Steph

Natalie said...

How fun!!! So glad you went and had such a great time :) Looks like you got some awesome deals! I went to a few sales a couple weeks ago and got Allie a little T-ball set and scooter. She loves both and they were good deals...gotta love that!!! Mallory is gonna have so much fun on that swing set!

Tabby said...

I love going to garage sales! I am looking forward to being off for the summer so I can go to some....what a fun time with your friends. Gotta love great deals :)

LisaS said...

Oh Lynn you are your mother daughter.. I am guessing / betting next year your mom and even some aunts would love to go along...LOL.
You sure did find some great stuff!!

L

Photos by Julee said...

Looks like you had a great time. Heather goes every year and always finds awesome stuff. We have gone a couple of times and they have such "good stuff" and the prices are usually really good. Glad you had a good time. BTW....I saw the red wagon in the van and thought of Steph right away. Glad you found one for her.