Really? My baby girl is going to be ONE in a month!? Oh don’t worry, party plans are just a swimming and jumping around. I can’t wait!
This really has been a fun stage. The crawling. The exploring. Understanding. Words starting to form. Tempers. Okay, tempers not so much. : )
Eating. She eats just about anything and is now on table food. Expect for fruit I still give her jars of fruit because we are not a big fruit family so I never have fresh stuff. She is also 100% on regular milk. Yippee skippee times 5-trillion. : )
Speaking of eating- She likes to put her peas in a little spot on her tray (where the cup goes) while she eats them. She likes to throw food off her tray onto the floor. She tries to share, but then will change her mind and eat it herself.
Crawling. She still keeps her right leg/foot tucked and bent when she crawls so that she can easily sit. She has perfected and can even speed crawl. Crawling after the vacuum cleaner is great fun – she will follow you all over the house trying to catch it.
Exploring. She is so curious and interested in everything. If I’m in the kitchen and I open up a cupboard door and I was noisy (liking get out a pot) she will have to crawl over there and see what was in there that was so noisy.
Loves to learn. You know those balls with the shapes, where you have to drop the shape in and then pull the ball apart to get them back out? She loves that! Of course we have to tell her which hole the shape goes in but she will work and work until she has it lined up just perfectly and it fits. She will also pass it back and forth between her hands until she has a hold of it just right.
Mallory now has 3 teeth. Two on the bottom and one on the top. I’m almost positive she is working on more. The diapers tell me so. : )
Loves cows… or more like baby Einstein a day on the farm. You ask her if she wants to watch the cows and she sits and looks at the TV and waits. As soon as the cow comes on she smiles. While we were getting her pictures taken this weekend we had to have my Dad, Ellyn, and Jesse moo like cows to get her to stop crying and look at the camera. It was extremely funny. I think a few other barn animal sounds came out of the three of them too.
New sounds. There were a couple days where she said “baby” to everything. She jabbered “baby” all day long. The last couple of days it has been “gonga”. She will be playing saying “gonga. gonga. gonga.” the entire time.
You can tell she likes to learn and wants to know what everything is. She take an object and holds it up and say “ba” and looks at me until I tell her what it is.
Tonight she was standing by the couch and turned around and let go… and fell. She is starting to take more interest in walking by herself. She started pushing toys around the living room while walking behind them. Watching her walk throws me into a giggle-fest. She takes such short quick steps and waddles… she looks like a little ‘ol grandma. I can’t resist it!! I’m giggling and she’s waddling and then she is giggling because I’m giggling… then she starts pushing faster and can’t keep up and those little legs are just a running. C.U.T.E.
Oh and napping. She takes a 2 hour nap in the morning and an hour nap in the afternoon. Sleeps excellent at night too – We put her down about 7:30 and she wakes up anywhere between 6:30 and 8. Usually sleeps late during the week and wakes up early on the weekends! Not so funny to us!
As for the pictures this month – we have to visit my Mom’s blog she took Mallory’s one year pictures this weekend. I know it was early, but our photographer is a busy lady! : ) Pictures.
3 comments:
Love your updates, you will treasure these post forever.
The rest of the photos are just as cute as these, how will you ever chose?
Oh, I miss those days - when they are still learning things and still need you for things! After 2, they become more and more independent...enjoy this time!! :)
Thank you so much for the updates. I am so pleased knowing what brings you and her smiles!
Post a Comment