Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Daddy-Daughter Date

I’m just not getting better (if anything getting worse) and finally broke down and made an appointment to the Dr. and to the Chiropractor.  I emailed Jesse at work and told him and he said he would leave work at 11 and come home for the afternoon.

Jesse took Mallory for the afternoon and they went… and… bought a street legal dirt bike!!  Hey, I got to take a nap and go to these appointments by myself – I didn’t care what they did or where they went.  : )

IMG_7930 Jesse has always said when he graduates he wants a street bike.  Last week he passed his last test and became fully licensed!  Happy Graduation-No-More-Tests-Fully-Licensed!!  : )

As for me… I have a sinus infection.  Want to hear the best news the Dr. told me… It will take 10 to 20 days before I could see relief with the medicine he prescribed.  Ugh.  I think that is when I busted into tears and screamed ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Alright, off to rest and see who got kicked off American Idol.  Lee is my favorite!!  I want him to win!

9 comments:

Natalie said...

Lynnie I'm SO sorry you've been so sick! That is awful and I can totally understand what you're saying in your last post about not being able to call in sick to mommyhood!! I'm glad Jesse was able to come home so you could go to the dr. Hopefully the meds help you soon and you'll start feeling some relief quickly. Get lots of rest and take care of yourself as much as you can!

Photos by Julee said...

Get better soon Lynn. Sinus infections are awful. Hopefully the doctor is wrong and you will begin getting some relief soon.

arturlington said...

The good news is you will be feeling better because of a medicine- you don't have to keep suffering with no end in sight!

Jesse- CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!! No more EPPP!!!!!! Final hurdle has been passed!!!!

Bethany said...

Ugh. Yuck. I'm so sorry! I hope your dr is crazy and you start feeling better right away! I'm really glad you have some antibiotics now, though, and you will for sure be feeling better here soon! You're in my prayers - I totally understand what it's like to have a husband, house and baby to take care of while you can hardly take care of yourself.

The Smiths said...

I hope you feel better quicker than what he said...that is crazy!

By the way, Lee is my favorite too! He has the best voice by far!! :)

Connie said...

Get better soon, you need to slow down and rest, stop being your mother!!

Love you and Congrats to Jesse again. What did he do with her when he test drove the bike? I'm sure there was a very happy assistant at the store for a while.

Love ya, mom

Anonymous said...

Lynn-I hope you are feeling better soon. I had antibiotics for a sinus infection and it took a while to clear the infection up BUT the pain and ick feeling went away within a day or two. I am wishing that, or even better, for you. I am sending my thoughts to you!
Deb

Abbie said...

yay! congratulations to jesse...
and I had the same exact thought last night, cooking dinner and dripping snot out my nose... sick days are a luxury afforded to parents of older kids and people without kids. it sucks, no way around it. I hope you're feeling better soon.
also, by way of nurse-advice: have you tried a neti pot? I had a killer sinus infection last fall and finally broke down and bought one (NeilMed, from safeway) after being told by one of the ER docs not to come back to work until I had done so. my symptoms were gone in 48 hours. :)

Seth said...

Atta boy (sorry Lynn)-

Bout time you got your scoot! That is a really nice dual sport. Not a 2 stroke is it? how is your Wrangler?

Your alarm finally died on my bike. Apparently the bike's battery died when I was at a conference and Bethany didn't let me know so I could tell her to plug in the charger. I guess the bike's alarm went off until its battery died and since then the alarm is shot with no ill effects. I don't have much use for an alarm in Wyo so it isn't a big deal.

Also, I just lifted the Heep 4" and am planning a bumper build with winch mount. Hopefully I'll be built enough when you're ready for a trip West. You might want to bring an extra drive shaft and u-joints.

Sorry for the Hijack Lynn,
s