This is going to be a double duty post… I’ll be giving Mallory’s nine month stats and you’ll also be able to see my new spare room that I worked on this weekend.
Mallory at 9 months. Where do I begin? Mallory is a little spitfire. She is full of sass and energy. Loves to stand! Does not like to lay down unless she is in her crib. So that whole crawling thing… not happening yet. Not even attempting to crawl! Doesn’t even get up on her hands or knees! One night Jesse and I tried to teach her and she just flopped on her belly and cried until we stood her up. I’m starting to come to terms that she is 9 months and not crawling! This way I can still leave her sitting in the living room and run around the house and not worry what she is getting in to.
Teething? Hahahaha! No! I’m changing a bazillion (I’m not lying on this… a bazillion!) dirty diapers a day. This is not normal for her – so I thought, “ah, there coming!” Then for a few days I actually saw some white peeking and now I see nothing. BUT I am still changing a bazillion dirty diapers! To top it off… they were out of my normal wipes that I use, that I had to buy a different kind and I went with the “soothing cucumber” kind. *gag* Don’t buy them! Poop and cucumber!! *gag* Thank goodness I’m flying threw them.
She does a lot with her left hand. I’m sure it is too early to really tell, but we have noticed she tends to use that hand more then the right.
Mastered the sippy cup. We don’t give it to every time… we use it as a special treat and we put juice in it for her. She wastes no time when she gets that special treat either – she chugs it right down.
Self feeding. I just started giving her little puffs, yogurt melts, and cheese bits for her to pick up and eat. At first she would pick it up with her left hand and then transfer it to her right hand and then put it in her mouth. By the time it got to her mouth she had dropped it a few times. Now, she has it down and they get right to her mouth. Watching her “chew” is hilarious! She chews with her tongue… and her tongue sticks out of her mouth.
Mama! She says mama!! I know she doesn’t know what she is saying but I squealed and cheered the first time she said it. Now she says it all the time. My Mom tells me that the next child will be a girl. If your baby says mama first the next baby is a girl… if your baby says dada first the next baby will be a boy. I was talking to a friend on Sunday (who has 4 boys) and they all said dada first!!
Mallory is taking two naps a day. An hour in the morning and then about two hours in the afternoon. We had to bump up her bedtime because she was trying to make a nest at night… so we put her to bed between 7:30 and 8.
She is not a morning person. She wants to go back to bed after breakfast… and she would if I let her, but I try to keep her awake for a couple hours.
I started painting my spare room on Saturday and I love it. I’m fighting everything in me to NOT move into it. It is so pretty and inviting and that bed looks so snuggly. That pillow there… was $50!! Who would pay $50 for that pillow? I got it for $9… plus I got another 30% off of that! Gotta love Kohls for deals like that! I still have more painting to do and then a dresser and make-up table to refinish… but I had to put the bed together! Not that we ever have visitors… but this might give some of you the itch to come to Wisconsin!! No? Oh come on! Wisconsin is lots of fun! : )
7 comments:
I want to come stay in your room!! Maybe I'll bring Nolan and he can teach Mallory how to walk...you can just skip the crawling phase altogether!! :)
Your new spare bedroom makes me utterly jealous! I've been itching to set a great one up here in our house, but I don't have a double or queen sized bed yet - and don't have room for one until Ella moves into her big girl bed. The colors are beautiful and the bed looks super cozy!
You know, I've heard of kids who do just skip crawling, maybe Mallory will be one of those! And, be VERY thankful you can still run around taking care of things around the house without her following you or getting into trouble!
Take advantage of Mallory not crawling while you can! It's fun to watch your little ones crawl but boy does it change your life!!!
I'm loving your spare room :) It totally gives me the itch to come visit!!
Maybe Mally is just taking after her Auntie Steffie b/c I walked before I learned to crawl. It's all good!
Your spare room looks great...I'll come stay in there anytime!!
I really like the brown colors you used in your spare room! Enjoy the no crawling stage as long as you can... At least she's not getting into everything yet :) We should get together again though! I think the girls would be entertained by each other.
Hummmm you are your father.... making a nest? Remember how that used to bug you when your dad said that about you and made you go to bed? Who need to crawl when you have Grandma to carry you around and who needs teeth when your tounge works so well (btw that is something I have never seen before and it may be a reason for speech therapy like her mother later in life).
Love the bedroom and I'll sleep there just let me know when you and Jesse want a night out.
Love, mom
Lynn, how nice of you to set up a room for Ben and I, that was really thoughtful of you:) heheheeeee it turned out fantastic and I love the great deals you got. I love the bargain girl in you! Please thank Mally for breaking in the bedding and getting it all ready for us:)
Post a Comment