Friday, January 16, 2009

We're having a...

We had our first [and only] ultrasound today! They told us we are having a little bitty baby GIRL!!! Too cute!! I guess this pencil test has some truth to it.

Here are a few pictures. I had to scan them in so they are little bit hard to see I even took them into photoshop and lightened them because they were way darker before this.



It was so fun to see our little one wiggling around. We could even see her little tongue and she was making sucking movements! The tech kept saying... what a beautiful baby. We even had a student in the room training so the tech let her play around and try to find things and the tech tells her student... this baby is so easy to see and find stuff. I felt like a proud momma!! ; )

From what the tech can tell everything looks perfect and normal. Little baby girl is weighing in at 13 ounces. She is still measuring at 20 weeks with a due date of June 2nd. I think I originally heard June 3rd at my first appointment so it was bumped up a day. If I am anything like my Mom (which I think I am 99.9% my Mom. My Dad catches us in the same poses sometimes and it freaks him out. We were standing in the kitchen a while back waiting for him to get ready and he looked at us... and we were both leaning on the counter with our hand on our hip looking at him. We had no idea that we were standing like that!! Freaky!!) anyway, if I am like my Mom I'll go three weeks late!! Wowsers!!

Oh and lets hope baby girl takes after her dad with his birth weight!! I was a 9 pound baby!!! Jesse was only 7 pounds!!

Jesse isn't quite sure what to do with a girl... but he is pretty excited and gets a big smile on his face when he tells people that we're having a girl!! I told him she can still ride dirt bikes... it'll just have to be pink! : ) He'll be a great dad for a little girl! I can't wait! She'll melt his heart and get wrapped around his little finger!

I'm going to see my sister tonight and she says she picked out and washed all Elly's cute clothes and put them in a bin for me to take home tonight! Oh! I'm so excited to see! Shannon said she had this feeling it was going to be a girl so she was washing her girly-girl clothes for me!

10 comments:

Connie said...

Yeah.... Congratulations on the baby girl, she will be the best dirt bike driver ever....

Love ya,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynn...I hope you are doing well. Congratulations on your girl!! How exciting! Is Jesse a believer in the pencil test now? :) But if it's true, that would mean I'm going to have a boy....we'll see. I hope you're feeling great and congrats again!
- Tabby :)

The Rau's said...

Thanks for calling me today!! Have you seen the pink dirt biking clothes, and the pink helmets?
I can't wait to meet your little strawberry...she can't be a blueberry anymore LOL!

Bethany said...

Yeah! Girls are fun!!!

I sure hope you don't take after your mom and go 3 weeks late, though! 10 days was hard enough... I guess if you're psychologically prepared, though, those last few days/weeks won't seem so long.

Laura Fenske said...

A girl! That is so great! I cannot wait to see how beautiful she is going to be. And, I can only imagine how adorable you are going to make her nursery!!! You have to post pictures when you have gotten her room ready.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you guys!!! She is going to be one lucky little girl to have such great parents.

L

Scott and Megan Fordice said...

Lynn and Jessie, Congrats on a little girl. Nothing's better! ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys. Keltie will love being able to have a playmate. It is so much fun to go shopping for little girls.

Anonymous said...

Lynn, You where alway so good to my children when they where young, an I always knew you would be a great mother! Congratulations to you and Jesse! That little girl is very lucky!

The Smiths said...

I am so excited for you both!! Having a girl will bring out Jesse's softer side and you will just love all the fun girly stuff you get to do. Can't wait to find out what name you picked!! :)