Friday, January 02, 2009

Parenting Dreams

Since before I was pregnant I would have tons of baby dreams. They seemed to never be good ones. Dreams that were so crazy they made me wonder... am I cut out to be a parent? I would wake up and tell Jesse my dreams where he would just laugh at me because they were so strange!

Lately I have been having labor & delivery dreams. I like these ones because I wake up going... Now, that wasn't that bad! Deep down I am afraid of labor & delivery, but I think every women feels this way when it is their first and they don't have a clue what to expect. Right? Please tell me I am right! ; )

Last night I had another one of those dreams... Here it goes...

I just delivered a baby girl! (First dream where I actually know the gender.) I name my baby girl and I take her home. A few days later I forget her name!! I have no idea what her name is!! (Jesse isn't in this dream.) I go to my Mom and my Sister and tell them I am such a bad Mom, I forgot my baby girl's name. I start crying. They tell me to go back to the hospital and they will be able to tell me the name. That's what I do. I get to the hospital and I tell the nurses that they are going to think that I am a horrible mother, but I forgot my baby's name. I start crying! They tell me that I named my baby... Fye Joy. I was shocked! I really named my baby that?!!? Was I on drugs? Did I really say that? I was so embarrassed. I kept thinking... I have a girl name that I really like. Why did I not use that name? Where did this name come from?

The dream went on for a long time with me having to tell people that my baby's name was Fye Joy. She was a cute and snugly Fye...

Other dreams I have had... I own a motorcycle and I need to figure out how to get my baby on the motorcycle with me. I come up with this brilliant idea to put my baby inside the motorcycle. So in the dream I am trying to squeeze the baby into this tiny spot so we can go for a ride.

Another dream... I now own a truck and the baby doesn't fit in it with the car seat. So I decide that the baby is in a car seat (so that is safe) and we can just let the baby ride around in the box of our truck!!

Another dream... I just delivered our baby and Jesse wasn't there. I wanted to see Jesse and tell him that we just had a baby so I leave the hospital and leave the baby at the hospital so I can go get Jesse!

Another dream... my sister and I go into labor together and we are in the same room having contractions. Except I have to go get a c-section. C-section was awesome! No pain! I felt great afterwards! (I woke up that morning thinking c-section is the only way to go.) Again Jesse wasn't there and I ended up having to call him, after the c-section, and tell him to come to the hospital because we just had a baby.

I don't think these dreams are going to stop. I've been hearing (and reading) that your dreams only get more vivid and strange as the pregnancy goes on. I also had about 3 more dreams last night that were totally off the wall and strange. I even dreamed about Maggy!! I think that is the first time I have ever dreamed about about a dog!

I gotta run and go finish painting my living room! It is looking so awesome!!!! The color is perfect!! Check back later for pictures!!

4 comments:

arturlington said...

Your fears about labor and delievery are normal!!! However, think of all the people you know that have more than one child! That is proof that the natural process that God blessed us with is nothing in the face of a child. Even those with terrible stories about labor and delivery- those same people almost always have more than one. Again, it isn't that bad (from someone with a terrible, terrible delivery story = no drugs of any kind during the process!!!)

I am so happy for you both! Blessings- Amanda

Laura Fenske said...

You are cracking me up! Those dreams are hilarious. Jesse better be sure to make it to your baby's birth.

Laura Fenske said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

You are hilarious! I love hearing about your dreams...they all make me laugh!