Sunday, January 04, 2009

Chipmunk Strips

I freshened up our living room with a couple coats of paint (called Chipmunk Strips).

I remembered that I didn't take any before pictures after I had the living room torn apart to paint. But I did find a couple that I must of took when we first moved in. You can tell because you see green trees out the windows.

Before:



After - you see brown trees and lots of snow:

Now that I see this in pictures it makes it look like a cottage. I'm not sure how I feel about that look. It must be the wood beams that run on our ceiling.

That is all that I got accomplished on my vacation. Hmmm, maybe I should take this week off too!! I'm so not ready to go back to work yet. I have been trying to talk Jesse into sweeping me away to Florida!! I would love some sunshine, beach, and water right about now!!

5 comments:

Connie said...

Wow what a difference a little paint makes. I love the warm look and the wood beam and trim looks good with it. I'll come over and we'll do curtains to take that cottage look away.

Natalie said...

Uggg, how come when I click on your pictures they don't get bigger?!?! I want to see it up close and personal :) LOOK at all that snow!! WOW! Okay, now to the room...I think it looks GREAT! It totally looks warm and inviting. I don't think it looks like a cottage. It looks like Lynn to me! And what a fun paint name :)

Sorry you have to go back to work. Just email me and Katie if you need a break!! I think you need to convice Jesse to take a "babymoon"!! We didn't do it because of Brandon being in school, but you should totally do it! We've talked about going to Florida because we have flight miles to use. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could meet you there?!?! Oh my goodness I better stop or I'm gonna get excited about something that's probably unlikely to happen.

Lynn said...

Yes Mom, I am so ready for the curtains. I think curtains are what I totally need!

Natalie, I am not sure why my pictures don't get bigger. I don't do anything special when I post them. Part of me wonders if it is because my pictures are very large files (from my 10mp camera). As they take forever to load into blogger. Yes, see Jesse and I have miles to use too... and I think a babymoon is a perfect idea. Now if only I can get Jesse on board. And now that we have Maggy... we need a sitter. Oh man welcome to parenting early! Dad? Dad? Are you reading this? You said you would watch her for us? She is real good? She doesn't chew, jump, get overly excited, run around like a crazy dog! She is the best dog ever! Dad? Dad? Are you reading this? I would never lie about Maggy's behavior to you! All those stories I told you the other day about her getting into Jesse's business stuff... those were lies! ; )

The Rau's said...

Look so warm and cozy. Love the color! I really need to come over and see your house soon.

Bethany said...

It's a beautiful color, Lynn. Cozy.