Wow is the time flying! On Sunday Jesse and I were driving to my parents house and out of the blue Jesse says "It is already January!" I know!!! That means the count down in on baby! In just six short months... we will be experiencing a whole new lifestyle. As if Maggy hasn't already turned our world upside down.
For some reason it was really difficult to take this picture tonight. Usually we take one or two and that is good enough. Well tonight we took about 7! The one that shows me more relaxed I am sucking on my bottom lip and I totally look like Steve Urkel!! Jesse says, looks good and I zoom in on my face and starting laughing and scream... this is not good!!! Take another one! Finally he says... how about you actually try to pose this time. So... um... this is the best we have for this week. If I was real good about photoshop I could crop my head off this picture and put it on my Steve Urkel face... but I'm not so good.
Yes, I purposely wore the same clothes for this. However I didn't purposely wear my glasses for all these, just happened that way. Ups:
~ I feel wonderful. I absolutely love being pregnant! Depending on how this delivery goes... I could do this 100 more times. ; ) But don't hold me to it!! My Grandma did have 11 children (or was it 12 - I lost count) and my Mom tells me I could be the next Grandma Lea!! Jesse did you know what you got into when you said "I do"?!
~ Wiggle wiggle wiggle! Baby is on the move! There are some days where baby wiggles all day long and I stop and think... aren't you tired yet? Don't you need a nap? Jesse has even been able to feel a few wiggles. Such a weird feeling and very hard to describe! But I love it! The first time I felt a wiggle from the outside was on New Years Eve. We were at Jerry and Steph's house and I couldn't stop eating Steph's Hot Tamales candy. I ate about 7 of them and went to sit on the couch and the baby just starting wiggling so much and I had my hand on my belly and all of sudden I felt one! My mouth fell open, my eyes got big and I think I even let out a little scream.
~ 'Need' to shop! Never before have I 'needed' to get new clothes. It was always just a 'want'. But now I busting the seams!! Well not really, everything just feels different and doesn't fit normal. I'm so excited to get out there and see what I can get!
~ Heartburn has subsided! My Tums are lasting much longer these days!
Downs:
~ Low blood pressure! Almost every time I stand up I black out and get dizzy. I am having to train myself to get up slowly and to drink way more water. I have always had a problem with this since high school and I actually passed out a couple times. Thankfully I haven't completely passed out yet, but I have had some close calls.
~ I want everything that has sugar in it! On Sunday when we were at my parents I was eating poor Elly's snacks!! And I couldn't stop! Then we stopped at Jesse's parents house really quick (Jesse's Dad got himself a 'new' old snowmobile and Jesse wanted to see it.) There were cookies on the counter... M&M cookies!! I casually brought up the cookies and had to bat my eyes at Jesse's Dad so he would share with me! At first he told me I could have these other cookies (that did not have M&Ms in them) and I started giggling and said... but those have M&Ms! It is a good thing I don't keep sweets in my house... but I have this new kitchen aid mixer that I got for Christmas and I... um... really want a cake! Oh man! I have looked in my cupboards a couple times to see if I have all the ingredients and I don't... but you can bet on it that I will this weekend! Yummy cake here I come!!! Anyone ever made a red velvet cake?!?! That's what I want! With that creamy white frosting! Dang! I think Betty Crocker makes one in a box!! Oh she better!! ; )
~ Sleep Positions! When I sleep I like to curl myself up into a tiny ball and hug a pillow. This is getting harder and harder to do. When I curl into my ball... baby wiggles... and baby won't stop until I uncurl. So I feel like that is my sign that I am squishing poor baby and baby is telling me to make some room! Then I read that you should really only be sleeping on your left side. I'm not a left side sleeper... I'm a right side sleeper. And lately I have been finding myself on my back! Which is a huge no-no!! I guess I am cutting off some sort of vein when I am on my back or my right side which slows baby's heart rate down. So I am constantly fighting with myself to stop curling in a ball... straighten out... get on your left side... my left arm is asleep... tough it out... don't be a wimp... shake it off... close your eyes... stop thinking and go to sleep and you won't even notice your arm anymore!
~ Acne! I was lucky enough to be a teenager that was blessed with good skin. I never had to go threw the teenage acne stage. I praise God for this!! Except now... I have it and I don't like it one bit. I keep reading that pregnancy will cause this in some women. I would love the 'pregnancy glow' not acne! Seriously, Jesse comes home yesterday from work and goes "Is that a zit on your cheek!" "Why yes Honey it is! Thank you so much for pointing that one out to me as if I didn't see it this morning the instant I looked in the mirror!" It doesn't help that I have horrible skin in the winter, but sunshine cures it! Hmm... yet another reason for hubby to sweep me away to Florida!! ; ) Yesterday I actually heard the word... Mexico... come out of his mouth!! Hehehe!! Could it be?! Not getting my hopes up... not going to... just not...
Next Friday we get our first ultra sound!! Yup, we are going to find out if blueberry is a girl... or if blueberry is a boy. I'll let you know for sure!!
9 comments:
Ohmygoodness Lynn...could you be any cutier!! I just love your little baby bump!
Glad you are feeling so good.
Can't wait to find out the gender of Baby Frey!
I love your posts about being pregnant!!! You are C-U-T-E!!!
Love ya,
Shawna
oh, go get yourself a body pillow...that was my best friend when I was pregnant.
You'll get used to sleeping on your left side. I love the pictures of the baby bump. It really makes me miss mine. That isn't going to happen again for awhile though. Glad it's all going well. You really shouldn't find out the sex of the baby. :) It's such a wonderful surprise when it happens.
Lynn, you look so cute... more belly to come:) I'm excited to know what you are having. Do you have a "feeling" of what it is. I'm predicting girl. My pregnancy acne went away midway through the pregnancy. Glad to hear that the heartburn is not so bad.
Lynn love the stories - they make me laugh so hard- you are so like your mom. And I love the belly pictures...keep them coming. And I agree you should wait to find out the sex- it will be so worth it!! But if not I guess next week we will know if it is a 'blueberry" or a "raspberry" LOL
And yes Betty does make a velvet red cake...but it is very easy to do from scratch too.
Take care - L
You remind me so much of myself when I was pregnant, I loved it and could do it a hundred times or three. Even though we talk about most of these things I still love to read them. Usually I like to wait to find out what the baby is but for some reason I can't wait to find out early.
Love, Mom
Ah, I had the acne too - it will go away in a few more weeks and you'll start "glowing". Oh, and I have the BEST red velvet cake recipe...let me know if you want it! I made it as cupcakes at Christmas for my family and they devoured them!! Enjoy the sweets while you have an excuse for gaining the weight!! You look adorable and we can't wait to hear what you're having! :)
AHHH I am SO excited to find our what you're having!!! Lynn, you are just adorable. I wish I looked half as cute in my pregnancy pics as you do in yours! I LOVE your updates and I'm so glad you enjoy being pregnant. I loved it too :) Hooray for feeling the baby move! The next coolest thing is when you can SEE the baby moving. Remember how you just thought it was so crazy to see Allie wiggling around :) Keep up the updates!
Post a Comment