We are getting down to our last days in Appleton. Which is sad and exciting all at the same time. We have enjoyed our time here. The city is great! I'm sure we will miss it.
Today was probably the last day I will be able to get Starbucks! Yum! I was just talking to a co-worker this morning about my Starbucks splurge. He laughed at me and said "Lynn I remember when you first moved to Oregon and you didn't like coffee."
Our new town is Stanley, Wisconsin... which has a population of 1,800!!! No Starbucks there. They do have the Cheese Emporium which has a little coffee shop. There is also this fantastic boutique which has coffee. We got a cup of coffee on our closing and it was good, passed the test! So good, I spilled it down the front of my white shirt! Nice! Good look for a closing, don't ya think?
View the photo gallery of the boutique... you'll fall in love. Okay, maybe the guys won't... but the ladies will!!! I think you all will have to come visit me so you can go to this place and get decorating ideas and spill coffee on your white shirt with me!!! : )
Back to our lasts...
Jesse made is final commute to Green Bay, Madison, and Red Granite this week!!! Thank goodness! Those commutes range from 30 minutes - 2 hours... one way!! I am sure he will be excited to add those hours back into his schedule! When we move to Stanley we will be within pedal bike distance to his work!! Which is so nice for our gas guzzlin machines! Too exciting!
Jesse has worked his last 5 day work week. That's right... he starts working 4 days a week at his new job! You can cross him off your nice list. It is okay! I did! ; )
We are down to our final week of having to smell the neighbors cigarette smoke ooze out of his door into our common hallway. In the mornings if I follow him out, the hallway smells of cigarette smoke and Cologne. I don't know how he does it. Even my bathroom (which shares walls with him) smells like stale cigarette smoke. Not pleasant! And he is a clean good look guy with a girlfriend!!! She is a keeper if you can bring her into that apartment and she doesn't run out screaming holding her nose!
I will no longer have to watch the neighbors (who don't work) float on their rafts in the pond relaxing and sun bathing... while I am stuck inside working!
I will no longer have to listen to a lawn mower unless it is me or Jesse on it!! Oh heaven! I am actually really excited to mow lawn! I told Jesse I would be a lawn mowing babe! I would mow the lawn so I could work on my tan. I would put my Ipod in and away I go! He laughed at me! I have a feeling I won't get to mow lawn... again! My Dad didn't allow it when we were growing up... he was far to proud of his lawn to let some punk teenager get on there and drive around his yard! Even my brother is not allowed! Actually... Jesse has mowed my Dad's yard. When we were dating my family and I went on a trip out West and Jesse was in charge of mowing the lawn. Gasp! Jesse said he was kind of nervous to do it!
Jesse will no longer be an intern!!!! How nice will that be! He will have a real, full time, permanent job!!!! Finally! This girl is tried of putting the bread on the table! ; ) Just kidding Jesse! Just kidding!!!
Our last time packing up!!!!! We don't have to move again! Although last Saturday Jesse and his Dad were getting the trailer ready for our move and his Dad says "Well, the next time you guys move it will be 2 of these trailers." I looked at him and said, "The NEXT time. Where are we going next?" He says, "Oh you are going to move to the country in 10 years... with a pond, lots of land, and a nicer house. Maybe even a brand new house." Man I love this guy!!! I told him okay I could handle that! : )
Alright... now onto that packing stuff I have been talking about. I better get that started or there may not be a next time.
3 comments:
That boutique looks far better than starbuck's, what a great place to relax! It is so exciting that you are almost in your house and can start making it yours. I can't wait to see the pics.
Soon, soon, soon and you'll be out of an apartment for good!!! WOOHOO!! I can't wait to see pictures of you all settled in your new place :) Hope the packing has been going good!
Okay, I am dying to go to that boutique with you and check out all the cute stuff - how far is the drive from Charlotte to Stanley? :)
Post a Comment