What we were doing 5 years ago August 9th...
My pictures are a little blurry because we got married before digital camera. (Doesn't that sound funny... oh we are so old.) I was taking pictures (with my digital camera) of our pictures in our album. I was too lazy to scan them into the computer.
This picture below was actually in a frame. But it is my favorite so I took a picture of it inside the frame. A little dark and shiny... but still you can see why it is my favorite. We are all showing our true personalities in this pictures! I Just love it! It looks like I cropped out Jesse's brother on the right... he is in the real picture just not this one. I saw this picture in a tux ad... and just had to do it! Glad we did!
In celebration of our 5 years we decided to stay home. We haven't been at our own place on the weekend in probably 2 months! Staying home for us was very special! Funny how that works out.Friday night we went out for supper at Buffalo Wild Wings. Garlic Parmesan wings... OH MY! Try them! Jesse also tried the Asian zing wings.... he says they are good. Way too spicy for me so I didn't even try them. Anyway - I ordered a margarita... it is a special day! I'll have a drink! Ha! The glass was mega huge!! This margarita made me a little giggly to say the least!
On our way home we stop at the gas station. We pull up beside a boy, who looked 16! He hops out of his car and he seems to have a kind of up-to-trouble grin on his face. I think nothing of it. Just think he is some punk kid. There is also a mini van with its hood up. I big guy in the driver seat with his window rolled down. I lady in the back seat with her sliding door open. Reminded me a little bit of that movie... National Lampoons Vacation. They just looked funny sitting there with their hood up and all of them sitting inside of the van not doing anything about the problem.
Jesse hops out and goes inside the gas station. I stay in the car and watch all this wack-o stuff going on around me. The punk kid comes out of the gas station with a pack of cigarettes. Stops outside of his car and kneels down next to the curb and starts tapping his cigarettes on the sidewalk curb! I am just watching him trying not to burst out in laughter... my margareta is making this very hard. I look over at the Lampoons Mini Van and they are watching him with strange looks on there faces as if to say... what is this kid doing. The punk kid looks up at the driver of the mini van and says something to him... to me it sounds like "Want to see something incredible?" And I giggle out loud - can't hold it in anymore.
Jesse comes out of the gas station... punk kid still packing his cigs on the sidewalk. I'm watching Jesse's face because I think this kid is funny! Jesse sees him and he is walking to the car while watching the punk kid. Pretty soon I see a smirk appear on Jesse's faces and a little giggle sneak out. He gets in the car and says "Need a hard surface to pack the cigarettes. The kid doesn't realize it doesn't do much for the cigarette, except making them burn faster." Are ya kidding me!!?! Only Jesse would know this.
Jesse said when he looked at the punk kid, he looked up at the Lampoon van and the driver just shrugged his shoulders back at Jesse. Too funny!
Saturday we packed a picnic lunch and headed to High Cliff State Park for a little lunch and relaxation. We laid our blanket on the ground and much to my surprise my blanket of choice was a little small. When we would lay down to soak up the sun and relax... our legs would hang over and ants couldn't tell the difference between Jesse's hairy legs and the grass. Poor kid was picking ants off him left and right. Finally we had enough of that and packed up and walked over to the boat docks... went home... and took a nap where no ants could get us!! We finished up our day with a movie... Step Brothers. Kind of funny! We giggled out loud a few times!
Here some pictures of us at 5 years!!


On our way home we stop at the gas station. We pull up beside a boy, who looked 16! He hops out of his car and he seems to have a kind of up-to-trouble grin on his face. I think nothing of it. Just think he is some punk kid. There is also a mini van with its hood up. I big guy in the driver seat with his window rolled down. I lady in the back seat with her sliding door open. Reminded me a little bit of that movie... National Lampoons Vacation. They just looked funny sitting there with their hood up and all of them sitting inside of the van not doing anything about the problem.
Jesse hops out and goes inside the gas station. I stay in the car and watch all this wack-o stuff going on around me. The punk kid comes out of the gas station with a pack of cigarettes. Stops outside of his car and kneels down next to the curb and starts tapping his cigarettes on the sidewalk curb! I am just watching him trying not to burst out in laughter... my margareta is making this very hard. I look over at the Lampoons Mini Van and they are watching him with strange looks on there faces as if to say... what is this kid doing. The punk kid looks up at the driver of the mini van and says something to him... to me it sounds like "Want to see something incredible?" And I giggle out loud - can't hold it in anymore.
Jesse comes out of the gas station... punk kid still packing his cigs on the sidewalk. I'm watching Jesse's face because I think this kid is funny! Jesse sees him and he is walking to the car while watching the punk kid. Pretty soon I see a smirk appear on Jesse's faces and a little giggle sneak out. He gets in the car and says "Need a hard surface to pack the cigarettes. The kid doesn't realize it doesn't do much for the cigarette, except making them burn faster." Are ya kidding me!!?! Only Jesse would know this.
Jesse said when he looked at the punk kid, he looked up at the Lampoon van and the driver just shrugged his shoulders back at Jesse. Too funny!
Saturday we packed a picnic lunch and headed to High Cliff State Park for a little lunch and relaxation. We laid our blanket on the ground and much to my surprise my blanket of choice was a little small. When we would lay down to soak up the sun and relax... our legs would hang over and ants couldn't tell the difference between Jesse's hairy legs and the grass. Poor kid was picking ants off him left and right. Finally we had enough of that and packed up and walked over to the boat docks... went home... and took a nap where no ants could get us!! We finished up our day with a movie... Step Brothers. Kind of funny! We giggled out loud a few times!
Here some pictures of us at 5 years!!
Our View


Great sky!

I really liked this tree. I need to remember this for our yard. We want to have a Japanese inspired yard and I thought this tree would work perfectly.


4 comments:
Happy Anniversary!!!! I'm glad you were able to spend the weekend at home together and relax a little bit. Love all your pictures :) And that story about the punk kid was funny!!! Love and miss you guys!
Happy Anniversary!! Lynn I think you look the same, but Jesse looks so young. Glad you had a nice day. I love it when we get to stay home, doesn't happen much but when it does I love it.
Happy Anniversary dear friends! I love the gas station story. I am sitting here cracking up. Love and miss you both!
Megan F
Great blog. I loved looking at your wedding pictures. Happy Aniversary. I'm glad you guys had a weekend to yourselves
Post a Comment