Here is the hill!!
The 4 single lanes on the right is where you go down by yourself.
On the left and the far right you can make chains
and go down with up to 6 people!!

The waiting line to go up. You can either take the stairs or take the
tow rope. The stairs had no waiting... but the tow rope did. I think
we only took the stairs about 3 times. Not fun!
Every time I would get to the top of the hill I would find
the rest of our group sitting down on their tubes taking a break.
Jesse, Adam, Kyle, Dave, Mary, Roger, and a hill worker.

I have a story about this hill worker (in the yellow.) Jesse's Mom (Mary), Jesse's cousin (Danielle) and myself were going to go down the hill in a chain. Mary wanted to be first, I was in the middle and Danielle was at the end. The hill worker grabs Mary's feet and starts to pull us down the hill but then stops and makes Danielle go down first... backwards!!! So now the three of us are going down the hill backwards! Mary lost her tube at the top of the hill and now she is sliding all the way down on her butt!!! Poor girl!! She was okay and we all started laughing so hard! We seen a few other people in our party and Mary would say, "You see me lose my tube?" And they would respond, "Oh that was you!!" It seems that everyone seen it happen, but did not know that it was us!! Probably because all three of us were screaming and laughing so hard! Too funny!!

The other night I was talking to a friend who currently lives in Reno. We were talking about the snow and she was telling me that it will snow but then in a few days it will all melt. HA! Melt! So, I took some pictures the other weekend as we were heading out to go back to our parents. Just to show you non-snow people just how much snow we actually have!
This is our apartment building.


This morning I flipped my calendar over to March and I noticed... We get to 'spring ahead' next weekend!!! Yay!! That has to mean that Spring is coming, right?!


7 comments:
Lynn I wish we would have come with you guys....way more fun than ice fishing. Did you count the steps when you went up....108 of them. We took the tow rope. Looks like you guys had fun.
p.s. nice eyebrows :)
I didn't notice the eyebrows so I had to go back and look. I'm sure Shawna freeked you right out with that comment!! They do look really nice, must be the plucking of them every morning along with shaving your legs everyday.... remember your cousins think your a freak when it comes to grooming...LOL
Oh, I wish we would have gone with you guys too...sounds (and looks) like you had a great time! Next time we will definitely go!!
Ohmygosh Shawna! Now you have everyone going back to check out my eyebrows!! LOL!!
Mom, I'll have to share my tramautic eyebrow story with you sometime... it is a good one! It happened while you were in Mexico, I think.
I always look at your eyebrows Lynn, and they are always perfect. I do tweeze mine everyday too thanks to you,(you tweeze eyebrows, you pluck a chicken!) but i can't do the shaving of my legs everyday.
I think you should blog about your traumatic eyebrow story....i'm pretty sure i still have the email you sent me, i read it and laugh every once in awhile.
How fun! I must admit I'm jealous... there is a great park for tubing and sledding really close to our house here in SLC and when it was really snowy I would walk down to it and watch everyone having a joyous time. Unfortunately, throwing oneself down a snow-covered hill while pregnant is not one of those "recommended" activities. :)
I'm glad you were able to enjoy the snow. But, I hope spring comes for you soon.
This looks like so much fun! Wish we could have been there with you :) I'm not interested in skiing again, but tubing I could try!
Post a Comment