My Aunts and Cousins (maybe a quarter of them... there are lots more that didn't come!)
Uncle Tom won for the guys.







A couple of weekends ago my Aunt held her annual 'Soup Off'. We all go to her house with our best pot of soup and compete for the soup ladle trophy! No, I didn't win. I did get second place!! I made a green chicken tortilla soup.
I did win the football kicking contest!! Yup, that's right I kicked the football the farthest for the girls!! Thanks to Mr. Kelcheski, our 8th grade Ph. Ed. teacher, who spent weeks on teaching us how to properly punt a football. Looks like I still got it! : )
I won myself some very yummy cut-out cookies.
Uncle Tom won for the guys.
My Aunt & Uncle also set up a 'station' for practicing your gun shot. The guys got real excited about this! They did get real competitive over the football kicking... but I am afraid some of them may have limped into work on Monday from pulling a muscle. I took my turn at the target... and well... I missed! I hit her garden fence instead of the target! Oops! Good thing I wasn't the only one... my sister hit it too!! (My Mom will probably have pictures of us shooting the guns on her site. She might even show you the garden fence with the proof that we hit it!)
This past weekend my Sister, Niece, Mom, and I went to a corn maze for the day. It was so much fun. Elly loved it! We decided to do the kid maze because the other was very muddy and the workers told us that 2 girls lost their shoes in it... it was that sticky, suctiony mud. The kid maze was less traveled which meant less mud!
It was like a scavenger hunt in the maze for Elly. She had to find all these items that had to do with nursery rhymes. She loved it!


We went on a hay wagon ride to see this big round barn. It was pretty neat. The want to fix the barn up and hold parties/weddings in it.


They had big round hay bails set up in a maze that the little kids to do on their own and Elly thought that was coolest thing ever! She couldn't get enough of them. Even when it was time to leave she cried because she wanted to play in the maze. What are aunties for??? I grabbed her hand and took off running for the maze and said "Come on El we can do this one more time!" As we are running she is giggling and then stops half way to the maze and looks back at her Mom and Grandma and isn't quite sure what she should do... follow Tia and have fun - or - go back to Mom. I won!! She turned around and ran back to the maze for one last time. Giggling the whole way! Hey, she got in the truck with out crying and pouting... I think I did a good thing!

After that we found our way to Applebees and a few stores. It was a great day for us girls!
3 comments:
Oh what fun you had! I love that you get to do such fun stuff with Elly and the rest of your family now :)
Hi Lynn,
Super fun pictures and congrats on winning for the girls!!!! I was very impressed.
I agree w/Natalie that I'm very excited that you get to spend so much time w/your family, it seems like your having a great time back in Wisconsin:)
It is nice having Lynn and Jesse back closer to us, with our family we make up all kinds of stuff to get together so they soon will be saying "AGAIN"!!
Lynn love the last picture and the story of Mr K. I'm sure he would be proud. I just seen him this week walking across the street, I think he's still wearing the same shorts and t-shirt from when I had him as a teacher and the whistle is still around his neck yet, he is retired.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment