Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sunshine & Summer Time

Finally Oregon had some heat! We had two whole days of full sunshine and 80s!!!

I thought it was time for a little update:



This past week Jesse went on a 40-mile hike in the Columbia River Gorge with his school friends Ben & Jeff. I tried to get him to take the camera but he said it was adding more weight to his pack... so I don't have any pictures to share. I could take pictures of his poor blistered feet!! But I'll spare you the sight!! : ) This was a 4-day hiking/camping trip. He enjoyed his time and would love to keep up the sport of hiking. Too bad I don't think this sounds like fun at all. Anyone want to be Jesse's hiking buddy?? I am okay with the day trips but when it turns into the trips where you have to hike 12 miles, camp, use the great outdoors as your bathroom, hike another 12 miles, camp... Not my kind of fun!

Also this past week I hired my first person ever!! I was given the task at my work to hire my replacement. I succeeded after many weeks of searching for the perfect person. She started last week and she is doing great! Something really cool about my job is that I get to keep working... but from Wisconsin!! They are setting me up with a home office (just the computer & phone) and I will be able to do my job just like I am there. Pretty neat!


This girl that I hired she will be my very own secretary/personal assistant!! I like to say that I have a personal assistant... makes me feel all powerful. : ) Unfortunatly she just doesn't "belong" to me she will help all of us out. She will only work part time and she will do things that I can't because I am not physically there. Make sense? It is kind of complicated and I think I am the only one who really knows what's going on.

This week our church is having VBS (Vacation Bible School). A friend and I painted the back drop for the front of the church. This years theme had something to do with Space... I can't remember the technical name they had.

Our back drop is (in case you can't see it) the inside of a space shuttle looking out into space.
Do you see it?!!!?





I think that is everything that is new with us.
Hope the sun is shining by you!! : )

4 comments:

Ben said...

I got pictures Lynn! I sent them to Jesse, so hopefully he's shown them to you! E-mail me if he hasn't and I'll send you the link also. There are some good ones, and they don't contain blistered feet.
:)

PS...I'll always be your hiking buddy Jesse, but you may have to fly to Reno...I don't think they know what mountains are in the midwest!

Katie said...

Lynn, that screen turned out great. Well done friend I know the kids at VBS are gonna have a blast with it.

By the way thanks for getting Faith Hill stuck in my head.....she's gonna be playing in the car down to Reno:)

Brandon said...

Why are you teaching kids about aliens at VBS? HaHa.

Nice work on the painting!

Natalie said...

Your space shuttle looks awesome! How fun :) And I 2nd Katie's comment about getting Faith Hill stuck in my head!!! I love that song :)