Jesse had an early birthday surprise for me today. He wouldn't tell me what it was until we arrived... all I knew was to dress nice and to be ready by 11:15am.
He took me to Caprial's Bistro where we sat in on a cooking show with John and Caprial!!!!
If I am home on a Saturday afternoon at 2:30 - I watch these guys!! When I found out they lived here in Portland, had a restaurant, and did cooking shows - I just had to go!! I had been hinting about it for over a year that I really wanted to go... and I got to go!!
It was so cool!!!! Can I just say that the camera really does add 10 pounds!!!!! They were so tiny!! I looked at John and thought "You should really eat more." I felt like I was with celebrities!! Okay, Oregon celebrities!!
(Picture is from their website - that is why it is so fuzzy.)
We arrived at Caprial's Bistro and were taken to a back room which was too small to fit 20 people in - but we squished together. We sat at long tables and faced a counter top where John and Caprial would be. They had a stove, small counter space w/ cutting board, and a small sink. They had two video cameras hooked up to TVs - one over the stove the other over the cutting board. This way we could see what they were doing... we were in the back row.
Here was our Menu:
Watercress Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing - YUM!!! This has to be the best salad, EVER!!! They make their own bacon at the bistro - yeah, it was the best ever!!
Braised Leg of Lamb w/ Artichokes and Fresh Herbs - SO GOOD!! This was my very first time with lamb - but it was so good! It was cut into pieces with this sauce and with the artichokes - YUM!!
Pan-friend Polenta - Very good! This was placed on your plate w/ the lamb-artichoke mixture over top! AWESOME!!
Orange Pound Cake w/ Dried Cherry Compote and Fudge Sauce - Never had better!! She forgot the orange - but I didn't care! This was so good!! The pound cake was still warm when she served it and with the homemade fudge sauce - you can't go wrong! I just wanted to walk up there and lick her mixing spoon!!! Heck, just give me the whole bowl!!!
We watched them make everything and then we were able to eat everything they made. Like I said before everything was so good!! I would totally recommend it and would love to go again!!
Well, if we have to spring ahead tonight - I better get to bed. Jesse is at the casino tonight with the guys... wish him luck!!
Happy Daylight Savings!!! I love longer nights!! Enjoy them!!



3 comments:
This sounds like lots of fun! Jesse did very good :) I'm glad you had a good time and liked all the food!! I'll have to check their show out sometime!
what a great thing to do together and that food sounds so mouth watering. I've only had lamb once and that was over 10 years ago so I'll have to give it a try. So glad you were feeling better to go and do this.
Your food was touching??? Oh this would have been so hard for me!! Being out of our house really has changed your eating habits.... remember how fussy you were? I guess you get that from me! Feed me grilled chicken breast with no sauces, baked potato with lots of sour cream and maybe the pound cake with fudge (and please forget the orange) for dessert BUT DON'T YOU DARE LET ANY OF THEM TOUCH EACH OTHER!!
Glad you had a great time and tell Jesse he did good!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment