Friday, February 23, 2007

We were matched!

This morning we found out that we have been matched with one of the six sites that Jesse interviewed at. We don't know which site... we will find out Monday morning. I know, the suspense is killing me... actually I thought it would be a lot worse. I actually feel so good right now and I am so giddy!! Just knowing that we have been placed is such a relief!

We got up at our usual time and turned on the computer. Jesse and I opened the e-mail together and my eyes were just scanning looking for the words "you have been matched"!! I soon found Congratulations! And I said out loud "Congratulations!!" We looked at each other and you could just watch the weight being lifted off our shoulders!! I have no idea what else the e-mail said... and I am pretty sure Jesse doesn't know either. We closed the e-mail without reading the rest.

As we were getting ready, making phone calls, and doing the rest of our morning routine, Jesse kept looking at the TV and said "I just want that ticker at the bottom of the screen to read 'Jesse Frey was matched'. I feel like the whole world should know." He was so excited! And said a couple times - I MADE IT!! (He did through a swear word in there - the guy was just so excited!!) I told him that he could stop going to class and practicum - because it doesn't matter anymore!! : ) Not that he has a hard class schedule this semester - he only goes 2 days a week!!

Well that's it! We just wait until Monday morning to see where we have been placed and when our start date is.

Thank you so much to everyone who prayed and was there supporting us through all of this!! You have no idea how much you mean to us!! THANK YOU!!

Until Monday...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say as my eyes are filling up with tears is.... Congratulations, you have worked very hard for this and you are very blessed to have each other to share this experience with.

Love, Mom

Brandon and Natalie Robbins said...

So happy for you two! Monday morning will be more exciting than scary! B

Anonymous said...

Hip, Hip, Hurrah!

-Laura

Katie said...

WOOHOO!! Monday morning here we come!!
ben