This year Jesse and I participated in the crazy shopping frenzy that happens every year - Black Friday!!!
Jesse and a few guys (Brandon, Ben, & Jim) left at 11:30pm Thursday night to stand in line at Best Buy. Best Buy didn't open until 5am Friday Morning!!! They took a thermos full of coffee, thermos of hot chocolate, a small heater, cards, poker chips, and dressed in a mixture of warm clothes and rain gear!! To much of your surprise, they were not the first ones in line!! About 200 people in front of them!!! The first person in line got there at 2pm Thursday afternoon!!! (That's crazy!)
I heard the time went fast and I am not sure about the other guys but Jesse made a haul. But, I can't tell you what he got because they are presents!! Even surprises for me!!! (Jesse doesn't hide them very well - oops!! I wasn't even looking!!!!! Promise!!!)
Natalie, Katie and I left at 5:45am Friday morning to open Target! We were so excited! When we pulled into the parking lot we couldn't believe there was a line to get into Target!! What was at Target!!!?? The only thing I knew about was the preschooler games for $3.99!!! As soon as we were walking up they opened the doors and everyone rushed in. We kind of cheated and just walked in - Jesse gave me a lecture when I told him that!! He said at Best Buy there was absolutely no cheating!!!!! They had a Best Buy Worker patrolling for cheaters!
Us girls have been dreaming about this day for a long time. We had a game plan. Get to Target and get a Starbucks. Starbucks was our biggest excitement of the day!! So, Natalie and I get carried away by all the rushing people we step aside and give Katie and little nudge and tell her to get the cart we'll wait. We are waiting and chatting away. Pretty soon everyone has come in and the carts are gone and no sign of Katie!! She was standing in line at Starbucks!! She remembered the game plan!! Natalie and I forgot!!
We shopped around at Target and then went to Old Navy and finished up at the mall. We felt like we stood in more lines this year. JC Penny's was the worst! We stood in line for almost 45 minutes. We were starting to get scared because you got an extra 10% off before Noon on all items and it was almost 11:45 and our line was stuck!! But, we made it!!! Whew!
I came home with lots of bags and lots of fun things! Maybe too many fun things for myself...
Black Friday worked to our advantage yesterday. And, it was a lot of fun!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow what a day that was! We all did really well though. Boy was I pooped when I got home though.
These last two years of shopping w/you girls have made for good memories:)
I cannot believe you three cheated! A lecture was deserved :)
-B-
Post a Comment